I highly doubt that many men read this blog so if you’re looking to have your main squeeze get you something good for Valentine’s Day besides flowers, Lindt chocolates, and another piece of jewelry which you probably have an umpteenth number of, then drop some hints for him. Let’s be real, guys are clueless and won’t think of certain things on their own because they expect that we should do the research and relaying and they just go buy it, throw it in a gift bag, and call it a day. In a way, Valentine’s Day comes at a perfect time of year because it’s on the brink of spring and if you know your lovebug is going to splurge to get you something anyway, you mind as well take advantage and let him know exactly what you have your eye on. Here are some ideas if you’re stumped:
1. A new pair of sunglasses because the sun’s always shining and you’re going to want a good, trendy pair once April rolls around! Big cat-eye, square, and rimless silhouettes are really in right now. I’ve been noticing that besides black and brown, purple lenses are also on the rise.
2. If you love Bebe (and who doesn’t?) then you’ll love a gift card from them. If you spend $100 on a gift card, you’ll receive a small bottle of their signature fragrance. Pretty good deal, right? Not to mention $100 can get you either a fabulous new top, a fun new wallet, a few accessories, or maybe even a cute little romper. Check out their website!
3. A new fragrance from Sephora or even Victoria’s Secret. A gift card to either one of these places doesn’t hurt either because you can use your gift card online and we Victoria’s Secret lovers all know what that means – clothing and swimsuits!! 🙂
4. A pair of rainboots. Now I only say this because for one, the season of rain showers shows its face before the flowers do, and if your guy knows your shoe size, then he can’t really go wrong since all rainboots are cute and you can get plain, solid ones or those with cute patterns. Either way, they all fit similarly and they all look the same on anyone’s feet. However, I would NOT recommend him buying you a new pair of wedges or heels because, well, there are some things that guys shouldn’t necessarily buy us. Heels and sandals of any kind happen to be one of them.
5. A day at the spa! If you want to sport fabulous new spring shoes once the time comes, then what better to go with that than a fresh mani/pedi?! Also, who can resist glowing skin, rejuvenated muscles, and luscious locks?
Don’t get me wrong, I think that it’s one of the sweetest gestures when guys pick out an amazing piece of jewelry on their own as well as arrive at your doorstep with candy and flowers, but sometimes it’s nice to mix up the cliché with something a little different.
Or better yet, let’s just forget all of this and go for the “Chocolate Louboutin” instead 😉 Kill two birds with one stone!