I know, I know- I haven’t posted in quite some time. Shame on me, it’s unacceptable and a blog like this should be updated daily. I’ve been busy, sorry! But, to get the pot stirring again, I need to comment on something that I see all too often. I like to personally refer to it as the legging epidemic. Simply put, leggings should be worn in one way and pretty much one way only. Ladies, leggings are not a replacement for pants nor are they sheer tights. Leggings should never be worn as though they are skinny jeans. To be brief:
1. Don’t wear them with shorts or mini skirts.
2. Don’t wear them as pants of any kind; if they don’t adequately cover your butt and don’t come down to your thighs, you need to pair them with a longer shirt. They’re a great substitute when executed the right way, but don’t pretend they’re your black skinny jeans because people notice. You wouldn’t wear a shirt as a dress so don’t wear leggings as pants.
3. To go along with the preceding statement, don’t wear them with a dress unless the dress can pass as a long tunic and the leggings look right with it.
4. Leggings that have a length only to the top of the knee give the appearance that you’re about ready to dance or exercise. You need them to be to the bottom of the knee or around mid-calf to full length.
5. Lastly, wear any leggings with trim, embellishments, or colored or patterned ones altogether with a simple top or something that doesn’t completely clash.
American Apparel sells a great variety of leggings if you’re interested 😉
ON A SIDE NOTE…
I was thinking of doing like a look of the week segment. I’ll choose a look that I see that week anywhere on anyone and post a picture of it even if the explanation of it is not in great detail. After all, it’s a look of the week so it should pretty much say it all! I think it’ll be something quick and fun. What do you think?